I've got some updates... (Industry)

sixx

I've got some updates... (Industry)

Post by sixx » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:45 am

Hey folks,

I've been an avid user of EveHQ for many years. Watching the project over the last few years has been worrisome and I'm certainly glad that we have a home for the project going forward.

I have been doing a fair amount of industry out in null and have struggled with errors in the BP Calculator. Finally decided to fix a few things in Prism...

What is fixed/updated:
  • The updates made to address the changes in Crius had some problems. Essentially there was some left over code that caused incorrect calculation of ME bonuses being applied to sub assemblies. This has been fixed and checked against an Excel spreadsheet that was checked against the industry window in game... The main symptom was that as you produced more units, the unit cost would keep dropping and eventually go negative and cause an exception to be thrown.
  • When building capitals, the materials being input can get big very quickly when building multiple hulls. Moved these quantity values over to longs from signed integers. BPCalc would just crash in this case.
  • When you live in null, you can have upgraded stations that will give you a ME bonus for production. I added a new integer editor box to the frmBPCalculator form that allows you to set an ME bonus from the station. Again, I checked against an Excel sheet and the in game industry screen.
Now, to my question for Slivo... I am a fairly new user to GitHub (used Subversion for years) and I don't want to step on toes or anything like that. So, how would you like me to submit these changes for your review?

Slivo

Re: I've got some updates... (Industry)

Post by Slivo » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:18 am

Hi mate !

This is a fuckin nice thread to start my day :D
To start with you fixes, I would really like you to push it to the main project. You can clone EveHQ, commit your change then make a pull request on the main repository.
While we are talking about industry and dev ... None of us are used to the industry part of Eve Online and it would be great to have someone like you in the team ! Even if you can't spend much time, it would really help.

I'd like EveHQ to grow collaborative to not depend on a specific player or a too small team.

Bonekill

Post by Bonekill » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:03 pm

I believe the process to create a pull request on github is...

1.Sign in.
2.Fork the project.(This will allow you to push changes to github to your own clone of the project)
3.Commit & push your changes to your fork.
4.https://github.com/Slivo-fr/EveHQ/compare (You will have to hit the compare across forks button near the top)
5.Compare the main project vs your fork, if there are no conflicts you should now be able to complete the pull request.

sixx

Post by sixx » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:33 am

OK. I'll poke at it a bit and get the code to you guys.

Slivo, I don't mind helping out here and there. But, I already have a 2 jobs... The real one and the Eve one. :)

I'll do what I can and help out.

Sixx

Slivo

Post by Slivo » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:10 am

I totaly undestand that :P

If you can drop a few patch time to time it would alredy be really nice

Slivo

Post by Slivo » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:34 am

Any news ?

sixx

Post by sixx » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:37 pm

Been a bunch of real life things going on and just haven't had time to post the updates. Something going on tonight, but I should be able to get it done tomorrow night.

Sixx

Slivo

Post by Slivo » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:11 pm

There is no rush, this was just a little ping to not get forgotten :D

Bonekill

Post by Bonekill » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:45 am

If you need help with getting it pulled into the project let me know.

If you want to give it a go yourself you will need to...
-Fork the repository.
-Clone your forked repository to your system.
-Branch from the commit that you originally started working from.
-Place updated files into repository.
-Commit changes.
-Push/publish your commit(s) to github.
-Create a pull request to the official repository.

If you run into troubles the simplest way would to just get your version uploaded to your own git repository, knowing what commit you started working from will help greatly but is not required. From there someone else should be able to get it merged in for you.

schpidi

Post by schpidi » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:42 am

Hi there,

sorry to stick to this thread, but same here ;-)

I also played EVE online for years (mainly highsec, missions, production, invention) with a lot of RL breaks in between.
I always found back to EveHQ.

So first of all THANK YOU to the current team that you took the job to keep this alive.
And also THANK YOU for the previous team for the wonderful tool.
Last but not least THANK YOU for the description here, which described me how to proceed with GitHub.

I also have some smaller improvements in mind...

For today I created my own fork and first pull request.
It is about the prism asset viewer prices, which were not working for items stored at top hangar level.
PR: https://github.com/schpidi2015/EveHQ/co ... f68a3f8c15
Forum: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=99

Thanks,
schpidi