is the IGB server bound to die ?

Tnemelc

is the IGB server bound to die ?

Post by Tnemelc » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:47 pm

following up viewtopic.php?f=8&t=138

Just to make it clear, how can we use the igb right now ? local brower, local IGB, remote IGB, remote Browser ?
I guess it would not be safe for just any remote Brower (IGB or not) to be able to access my IGB server.
What if someone with an API key or some other way of anthenticating (SSO?) could access it as a corp member and be able to browse ships marked for that purpose of sharing fittings with corpmates/ally ?

Eve HQ is the best fitting tool around if you ask me, and i've been testing qui some of them (including eft, pyfa, osmium). As a corp, we are bound to use osmium due to its sharing capabilities.
It would be a huge improvment of EveHQ to be able to attach (or alias) fittings into lists (doctrines or whatever) as the first dropdown layer of the fittings browser, and mark lists or fitting accessible corp-wide. Then browse them from any browser using SSO to make sure the guy is a corpmate. You could even add another config input for setting a list of EveHQ servers to retrieve fitting and fitting updates from.
That would be Awesome.

another pair of thoughts :
EveHQ has to move away from the IGB as any other Eve-related tool. This opens many possibilities i guess. Have you investigated using the latest API stuff from CCP, are you using them, or do you have any plans ?I did not personally investigated those capabilities, so i am not sure about what is or will be in a not-that-far future (retrieving fittings of lost ships, pushing fittings or buy-alls from reqs to the game...).

Again, that you so much for keeping this marvel up to speed ;)
and gg for not going nuts using the windows developing environment.

Slivo

Re: is the IGB server bound to die ?

Post by Slivo » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:21 am

Hello there,

The web server part of EveHQ is going to die with the IGB. It's only a matter of time.
If we got time and enough people, we could add some CREST feature to EveHQ like fittings import/export and more. I can't promise anything btw

We cannot provide any sharing possibility as everything on EveHQ is stored on your local computer.
It could be added if we feature a server side fitting storage / sharing but it's not going to happens soon.

Thanks for your support and the cheers :D

Tnemelc

Post by Tnemelc » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:09 pm

well, that is a bit disapointing, well just a little bit. as long as evehs supports importing and exporting with various formats ^^

Slivo

Post by Slivo » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:34 am

If we have enough time/people working on EveHQ, we should be able to do from evehq itself anything you would have done in the IGB (everything CREST is featuring)