Dev environment

Slivo

Dev environment

Post by Slivo » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:42 am

Just a little information thread to give all informations about how to start coding on EveHQ

There is a github repository located at https://github.com/EveHQ-Team/EveHQ
We chose to use the free visual studio version for open source projects available at http://www.visualstudio.com/products/vi ... mmunity-vs

We are using git to checkout the project and commit changes

Smurph

Re: Dev environment

Post by Smurph » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:18 pm

Slivo,

Thanks for picking up development on this awesome tool.

I'm a .NET developer, and if you don't mind, I'll put in some work on trying to tackle some bugs. I'm particularly affected by the reported bug in assets manager, and if you're not working on that one right now, I could take a look at it in my spare time. I'm forking the repo now.

Smurph

Post by Smurph » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:12 am

I'm currently not able to build this. In following the wiki instructions, specifically point 1 where it links to Import Eve SDE, I've downloaded the yaml files and eve.db. I put eve.db directly into EveHQ.CacheCreator, yet I can't get either the CacheCreator project to build, nor the entire solution ..or any other project inside the solution.

325 errors. The top 4 indicate "The build restored NuGet packages...". However, building the project(s) again yields exactly the same results. From there, basically just a lot of Not Defined. Probably because of the projects that are failing to build.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Slivo

Post by Slivo » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:43 pm

Smurph wrote:Slivo,

Thanks for picking up development on this awesome tool.

I'm a .NET developer, and if you don't mind, I'll put in some work on trying to tackle some bugs. I'm particularly affected by the reported bug in assets manager, and if you're not working on that one right now, I could take a look at it in my spare time. I'm forking the repo now.
Sure !
I got something left to try on the prices bug

Slivo

Post by Slivo » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:45 pm

Smurph wrote:I'm currently not able to build this. In following the wiki instructions, specifically point 1 where it links to Import Eve SDE, I've downloaded the yaml files and eve.db. I put eve.db directly into EveHQ.CacheCreator, yet I can't get either the CacheCreator project to build, nor the entire solution ..or any other project inside the solution.

325 errors. The top 4 indicate "The build restored NuGet packages...". However, building the project(s) again yields exactly the same results. From there, basically just a lot of Not Defined. Probably because of the projects that are failing to build.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Well, that's weird but we all had to build once, close VS, restart it, and rebuild to get it working ... I can't explain why :D
We could try to meet on teamspeak or something else if you want

Smurph

Post by Smurph » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:36 am

Hey, I've got it sorted. We're building and running fine now.

Now that I've got it running, I can't reproduce the assets bug anymore. :? I'll head over to it to look.

I'll send you a PM about additional contact info

Derek Toter

Post by Derek Toter » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:28 am

First off, thanks for picking this project up, I'd hate to see such a great tool left in the dust.

Here's my issue: I forked the repo, pulled it with VS 2013, and got it built and running. However, when looking at a form in design view, I cannot select any of the tabs to be able to see the form elements associated with that tab. For example, if looking at frmPrism.vb, I can only see the elements of the Prism Home tab, and cannot select any of the others. From videos I've seen about working with DotNetBar, I should be able to do this.

Is there some step I'm skipping, like installing a plugin for VS to enable support for this? Or do I need to get the full version of DotNetBar to be able to work with the forms? All I'm looking for is the simplicity of clicking on a form element to jump straight to its event handler, but it looks like the only elements I can interact with are the controls from System.Windows.Forms. Clicking anywhere else on the form just brings me to the frmPrism_Load(...) handler.

Slivo

Post by Slivo » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:56 am

Welcome aboard ! :)

I didn't had to deal with big change in the UI yet.
Dotnetbar will become a problem really quickly as we don't own any licence of the tool.
There is probably a dotnetbar plugin that allow more but I don't really know about it.

Moving from dotnetbar to another opensource component is one of the things we want to achieve.

Derek Toter

Post by Derek Toter » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:28 am

Glad to be here! :D Thanks for the quick reply.

Are any of you familiar with candidates to replace it? I'm starting to look around, but haven't found much yet.

EDIT: Maybe WPF?

Slivo

Post by Slivo » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:38 am

I talked about it with someone that is used to it, it sounded like a good Idea.
I'm quite new to .net dev, idea are welcome !

As this would be a hudge load of work, the switch to wpf was scheduled at the same time as the rewrite, if we choose to go for C#.
If someone know it well we could consider switching quickly than expected.