Error: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

GaryWSmith

Error: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Post by GaryWSmith » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:30 pm

I know there is already a thread that addresses some of this but I wanted to start another to cover the issue and a possible work around.

I'm getting this typical error when accessing assets for items that I haven't touched or looked at in years that are no longer part of the game it seems (or part of the data dump). Obviously this is a problem when trying to compare to the static dump when there is nothing to compare against. I will actually be going to retrieve said item later this weekend to see which item it is (I think it might be a compression BPC as I had assets returned after that patch). If it is that will be interesting as it'll probably crash.

All that aside...

evehq is pretty much useless for assets for me since when I hit said error I get the general exception and it stops processing assets. What would be more useful, instead of throwing this error, is to log which items are not found and surface a final dialog that states which typeId's could not be found (because maybe the database is indeed outdated, or whatever).

This would still allow us to use the asset portion of evehq even when an error is encountered.

In my case, the first item I can't find is 42529

Slivo

Re: Error: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Post by Slivo » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:19 pm

Hello there,

Thanks for you report,
Would you share an API with me so I can debug on my side ?

I'll take a look at this and maybe fix it in the next update

GaryWSmith

Post by GaryWSmith » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:53 pm

If it were only that easy, I'm running like 30 API's in there. It appears, after digging through the items, that it's the new scripts for shield command burst. I wrote a quick script for pull items via the REST api.

(my custom json from the original REST call)
{"Capacity":3,"Description":"This module can be loaded with a variety of Shield Command Burst Charges to project a field of beneficial nanites over fleet members, improving their shield defenses.","Volume":60,"Id":42529,"Name":"Shield Command Burst I"}

Slivo

Post by Slivo » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:19 am

Oh, if it's a new item from the patch, it will be solved with the next evehq database update.

I'll see if I can make the code a bit stronger where it crash so it don't happens anymore

Edit : Hum .. it works fine with a Armor Energizing Charge on my side ...

Slivo

Post by Slivo » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:56 pm

Everything works fine on my end, do you still experience this issue ?